- Attendance Information
- Parent Pay
- Parent View
- Preventing Extremism
- Sanctions & Consequences
- School Meals
- Severe Weather Policy
- Show My Homework
- Transition Information
- Useful Websites
- What is Progress 8?
- New GCSEs
- Year 11
- Sims Parent App
Mathematician of the Month October
7 November 2019
LEST WE FORGET
5 November 2019
10 October 2019
School meals are prepared on site by the Academy’s catering team. We operate a cashless catering system. Therefore no cash can be accepted at the till points in any of the catering areas. Students can top up their accounts at the cashless systems located around the academy and use to buy food before school, during morning break and at lunchtime.
Students that qualify for free school meals can also use the new system. Their accounts will automatically be credited with the amount allocated for free school meals, which the students can then spend in the normal way. The amount will be paid into the account on a daily basis and can be spent at lunchtime. These students can also “top-up” their balances if required to enable them to purchase a snack during morning break.
Free School Meals
If you live in Liverpool and receive any of the following benefits you can claim free school meals for your child.
- Income Support.
- Income based Jobseeker's Allowance.
- Income related Employment Support Allowance.
- Support under Part Vl of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
- Child Tax Credit - as long as you have a yearly household income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenues and Customs) and do not get Working Tax Credit.
- Working Tax Credit run-on, paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1st April 2018 your net income must be less than £7,400 a year after tax and not including any benefits you get.
How to apply:
- Complete the 'Online Application Form' on the Liverpool City Council Website.
- Visit a One Stop Shop
- Contact Liverpool Direct on 0800 0283697 or 0151 2333009
How are free school meals paid?
If you claim is successful, we will be notified that you are entitled to 'free school meals' and your cashless account will automatically be updated with funds. We will ensure that 'free school meal' information is treated with the strictest confience and handled sensitively.
Childwall Sports and Science Academy is happy to support parents in their application for free school meals for their child/children. If you would like assistance or would like to discuss this further then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
As well as children receiving their entitlement of a free school meal, each school day, it also attracts much needed additional funding for our school.
We would ask all parents to make an application for free school meals (FSM), if they are entitled, even if they do not intend taking advantage of it.
Please click below to download our latest school menus:
School Lunch Menus
Please note: Menus are subject to change depending on availability.